Community and Event Sponsorship Requests
For those organizations requesting sponsorship from IBANS for community initiatives, events or programs we invite you to complete our online application form. As a small not for profit association we have developed the form as well as the criteria below to help guide our decisions when evaluating the many requests we receive.
Please note that when we speak of sponsorship we are referring to the following definition: when a company/business organization commits money or resources towards another organizations event or program in exchange for specific benefits. (Examples of possible benefits would include: exhibit space; speaking opportunities, logo inclusion).
The request under consideration must:
- be relevant and beneficial to IBANS members/broker channel of distribution
- be Nova Scotia based
- fit with IBANS mission, vision and values
- support our strategic direction/plan
- provide potential to positively engage with identified stakeholders
- provide details on any recognition IBANS will receive in exchange for participation
- does not create an ongoing dependency
- provide information on required onsite attendance by IBANS representatives
- ensure all communications will reflect positively on IBANS and P&C insurance brokers with minimal risk
- disclosure of requesting organization and any prior arrangements with other third party organizations/benefactors of the event
Exclusions - requests not eligible for sponsorship include:
- party-specific political activities and organizations
- requests related to religious goals or promotion
- direct charitable donations
- individual or family oriented programs, projects or initiatives
- first time events
- projects/programs for any commercial gain outside of IBANS
Please note that prior acceptance of submissions does not guarantee ongoing support.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Requests must be submitted using the online form. Submissions must be received by email a minimum of two months in advance of the event or project start date. All submissions must include the following information to be considered.
- summary of event, program or project
- description of target audience(s)
- amount of funds being requested and all sponsorship levels available
- detailed description of marketing and promotional opportunities
- location of event and venue
- dates of event (open and close)
- benefits to IBANS and its membership
- outline of how the event or project fits IBANS sponsorship criteria
- if this event was previously supported by IBANS and level of participation
Following review of the application the contact person identified in the submission will be informed via email of IBANS decision to support/decline the participation request.