Fundamentals of Insurance
The Fundamentals of Insurance (FOI) is an approved pre-licensing course that satisfies the education requirements in Nova Scotia for a Level 1 general insurance license.
The Fundamentals of Insurance textbook begins with a history of insurance, then guides students through definitions, functions, and the principles of insurance. Topics include:
- Introduction to General Insurance
- Insurance Contracts
- The Role of Government in the Insurance Industry
- The Insurance Process
- Common Characteristics of Property Insurance Policies
- Personal Property Insurance
- Principles of Legal Liability
- Introduction to liability insurance
FUNDAMENTALS (FOI) EXAM
All exams for FOI are conducted online and require a proctor. Exams are taken through a third party provider, CAPTUS PRESS.
The FOI exam is 2 hours.
Immediately following completion of the exam students will receive their mark and a certificate of completion by email. The pass mark is 75%.
Please view Fundamentals FAQ's
Once students successfully complete the exam they must advise the Office of the Superintendent of Insurance. Click HERE for details