Benefits of Membership
Your return of investment in membership with IBANS is both numerous and significant. Through membership you are ensured that your voice is heard at a national level, allowing participation in nationwide advertising campaigns and political advocacy strategies. Membership in IBANS enables the broker to feel a sense of belonging to a group of professionals with common goals and interests. The perpetuation of the broker channel is critical to our success.
IBANS is an active member of the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada (IBAC). IBAC provides leadership to the following initiatives:
- The Broker Identity Program – raises the public profile of the independent insurance broker.
- Lobbying of the Canadian government regarding issues of national concern. IBANS takes an active role in the political lobbying of our MP’s.
- Professional designations – it is only through IBAC that members may earn the CAIB, CCIB and CPIB designations.
IBANS members can choose to participate in the following programs:
- Broker Errors and Omissions Plan. IBANS members receive preferred rates and expanded coverage on the insurance of their own businesses through Westport/Swiss Re.
- Fidelity bonding through The Guarantee Company of North America.
- Bank of Montreal – IBANS members receive preferred rates on business banking costs. To review financial solutions designed specifically for the insurance brokerage industry Program Overview or Premium Financing
IBANS supports it members through a number of initiatives designed to help them achieve success in their business.
- The Broker Identity Program (BIP) has introduced consumers to the registered trade mark - the Bipper
- The Bipper has come to represent professional unbiased advice, choice, insurance that meets the consumer’s needs and on-your-side advocacy. Only members of IBANS can use the “Bipper” on letterhead, business cards, websites, business signage and promotional items.
- McLeans – members can access professionally designed promotional products such as: pens and pocket calendars. Orders are quickly filled as McLeans has a number of standard design specifications on file.
- Members also receive the Atlantic Broker Magazine, mention on the IBANS website under Find a Broker and in the Atlantic Directory.
By becoming a member you have access to our entire educational advantage and professional education staff. Membership enables you to access the following at membership rates.
- Broker specific education – “By Brokers for Brokers”.
- Current Information – Industry trends and analysis.
- Professional Credentials – CAIB, CCIB and CPIB.
- Seminars/webinars focusing on industry specifics and soft skills designed to assist brokers to remain competitive.
IBANS is continually looking for corporate members who would like to engage directly in the association. By joining a committee, serving on the YBN, or acting as part of the Board of Directors you are not only enhancing your professional status, but you are working with other who have the same goal in mind – to increase the broker profile. If you feel you have the time and dedication to commit, please contact IBANS directly.
Group Retirement Program
This voluntary program is a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) available to our corporate members. For additional information please login to our members section.
CSIO (Centre for Study of Insurance Operations) is Canada's industry association of property and casualty insurers, brokers and software providers. Through membership with the provincial association you have access to CSIO technology and forms that will help you manage the information that drives your business. http://www.csio.com/
Our newest affinity partner is offering customized cloud solutions at exclusive member pricing for IBANS corporate and associate members. Stage2Data can address your data backup and recovery needs, business continuity and compliance concerns. To learn more click here.
- Members receive copies of the Atlantic Broker Magazine quarterly.
- Member brokerages are featured on the Find a Broker page of this website.
- Member brokerages appear in the annual Atlantic Directory.
- Members can attend IBANS events at member rates, including our Provincial/Regional Conventions.