This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Commercial Lines
• Proactively supports a book of business by reviewing the client’s exposure, loss history and proposing appropriate coverage’s and/or solutions. Where necessary, develops account strategies, presentations and other forms of communication with client.
• Ensures maximum retention of book by providing exceptional client service, regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are met and exceeded.
• Quoting and selling of personal lines insurance.
• Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures growth in the book of business.
• Identifies needs of prospective clients through research and involvement with relevant resources, utilizes division and corporate resources when possible.
• Places new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner.
• Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness;
• Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
• Maintains extensive market relationships;
• Oversees the preparation of underwriting submissions, maintains appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence;
• Maintains expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to date;
• Requests and follows up with insurers for outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation;
• Creates abeyances and follows up for outstanding items from underwriters, marketers and clients;
• Establishes appropriate procedures for claims administration and loss prevention activity;
• Monitors and follows up on outstanding client receivables;
• Works with Accounting to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues;
• Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time.
• Other duties and special projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in insurance.
• Nova Scotia insurance license (And able to obtain additional Provincial Licenses)
• Solid understanding of commercial property, liability and auto insurance.
• Solid understanding of personal lines portals.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of EPIC is an asset.
• Strong with Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with a paperless office is an asset.
• Customer focused and sales oriented.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• CIP or CAIB designations preferred.
Learn more about us on our website: www.bflcanada.ca
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job title and location in the subject line so that we can learn more about you.
BFL CANADA is a privately owned and operated brokerage, commercial insurance and consulting company, owned and operated by its employees with business connections in seventeen cities across the country. As a leader in our field, the key to our success has always been our committed and passionate team of more than 800 professionals with unparalleled experience and expertise. At BFL CANADA, our motto is Work hard, play hard and nothing is insurmountable to prove it. Our employees have carte blanche to demonstrate creativity, leadership or entrepreneurship because we believe in every one of them. We are a pan-Canadian team that collaborates constantly and is motivated by our fast-paced, dynamic environment.