This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Personal Lines
Here’s what you would be doing:
• Building relationships with our existing clients as their contact for policy changes by phone or email.
• Entering client changes on the various insurance providers’ systems.
• Verifying policies issued from insurance providers are accurate and complete when received.
• Validating data integrity of all client and internal information on a frequent basis.
• Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
• Playing a support role to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
• Completing other administrative duties around the office as required, such as sorting mail, scanning documents
• You graduated from an accredited high school and completed some additional education such as a community college/business college program or courses. (A university degree is not a prerequisite)
• You have your General License to sell insurance in Nova Scotia and experience using a leading broker management system (experience with Applied Epic would be nice to have).
• Any completed CAIB courses would be an added bonus (but not required).
• You have a high tolerance for a busy and sometimes noisy environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
• With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
• You are highly proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as using the internet.
• Your customer service skills are second to none; you have an ease with speaking to people on the phone and in person in a professional manner.
• You have excellent written communication skills.
• You thrive on working independently and are self-motivated.
• You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
• You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive.
• You don’t mind working in a work space with a small close-knit team rather than a large company.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.
Salary: To be negotiated based on experience
Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online insurance brokerage – Cheep Insurance – is looking to expand its team. We are a modern and emerging independent insurance brokerage with the objective to improve service delivery and value for today’s busy consumer. Through a mobile app and other technology, we are simplifying the insurance experience by offering fresh and innovative tools like convenient online quoting, eSignatures and 24/7 policy access.
Our significant success since launching our business means that we now have the need to grow our team. We’re on the hunt for someone with exceptional administrative, customer service and office support skills to take on the full-time role of Personal Lines Broker - Service (Option to Work From Home!) This position is primarily out of our Dartmouth location but has the flexibility of working from home 2 days a week.
We need to ensure that brokerage operations will continue to operate effectively and efficiently, and that nothing falls through the cracks, while our Sales & Marketing Teams are working with customers to ensure they are getting the proper insurance coverage for their needs at the best price. This newly created position will be essential to the smooth running of our office every day.
At Cheep Insurance, you will have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, results-oriented and intelligent team members in a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered.