Course / Exam Registrations
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) will register a student for a course/exam on a per student case based on the following guidelines.
- Students can register for a course/exam when:
- A registration form is filled out and returned to the Professional Development Coordinator
- A course registration is:
- Non-refundable once the textbooks have been shipped from the IBANS office.
- The student must write the course exam within one year from the date of registration. If the student takes longer than one year to successfully complete the exam, a re-registration fee of $100+HST will be charged.
- If the student does not pass the exam they will be charged re-write fees for each subsequent exam they write until the course is completed.
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) will permit the deferral of an exam on a per student case based on the following guidelines.
- There is no penalty fee for deferrals:
- Submitted in writing to the IBANS Professional Development Coordinator prior to the registration/deferral deadline (.3 weeks before exam date).
- Incurring medical, or family emergency ( valid documentation may be requested)
- A penalty fee of $50.00 /members and $75.00/non-members will occur:
- When deferrals (non-medical or emergency) are submitted after the registration/deferral deadline
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) will use the following guidelines when scheduling National exam locations:
- IBANS will choose the exams locations based on the following criteria:
- Number of students writing in a particular area ;
- Ability to secure sufficient space and suitable proctor.
- IBANS limits the number of locations to a maximum of 8 separate exam locations, which may change based on the preceding points.
- No student shall be allowed to write an exam in their own brokerage.
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) requires all students who are writing a National Exam to show a valid photo ID prior to receiving their exam. If students do not show a valid photo ID, they will not be permitted to write their exam.
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) requires students who are enrolled in an immersion course to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must give one month notice to the Professional Development Coordinator if they choose to withdraw from the immersion course. If notice is given later than the one month time period, immersion charges will not be refunded, unless a medical note is presented.
- Textbooks are the non-returnable property of the purchaser; therefore no refunds will be given on textbooks if the student cancels the immersion course. Students have the option to complete the course via self study.
Exam no-show fees
Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia (IBANS) requires students who register for an exam, and do not show up to write the exam, to pay a fee of $100+HST. If students have a medical reason as to why they did not show up for their exam, they must provide the IBANS office with a medical note for the $100+HST fee to be waived.